Saturday, January 3, 2009

what?!?...its 2009 already!

So, here's a little recap of the last few weeks. 

Christmas was great...very relaxing!  I didn't have to cook at all!!!  (Which was a gift in itself)
Daniel got off early on  Christmas Eve and we got to experience an amazing Christmas Eve service at our church...lifechurch.tv.  This year both grandma,papa and uncle matt joined us...it was so special to have them ALL with us.  After naps we had dinner at AAAHH's (Cooper's name for grandma) and opened presents.  The babies got lots of books and Cooper got a basketball goal.

Christmas morning Cooper got up to find Santa had left him more books, a helicopter, and a sight and sound stage (which was actually for tennyson...but she doesn't mind sharing.)  Tennyson slept in...and actually had a tummy bug...which had been passed from coop-to-daddy-to-TT.  We all played with the new toys and grandma "aaahhh" came over and brought a yummy stew over for lunch.  That afternoon we headed to papa's house for some good cajun cooking...etouffee and gumbo.  Cooper got a riding john deer tractor from papa...he hasn't quite got the "pedal makes it go" down yet.  he'll get lots of practice though if we have beautiful weather like today.  

Here's a pic of my Christmas gift!  Finally...I've been wanting another forever....but I've been pregnant for the last 2 years.


After Christmas, Jon and Amanda came to stay with us for several days.  (Jon has been Daniel's best friend since like 3rd grade)  we ate sooooo much while they were here...anytime we're with them...pretty much everything revolves around good food!  They surprised us during our first dinner at Ted's...that they were expecting their first baby!  FINALLY!  we're already planning to be in-laws someday...watch out cooper or tennyson!

New Year's Eve was filled with food (of course) and LSU Football.  i celebrated the stroke of midnight in bed sound asleep.  Yep that's right...i was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open...i was in bed by like 9:30pm...man, priorities change when you have kids...in more ways than one.  apparently, everyone else in the house was in bed by 12:30am too.  ;)
Tennyson (and the rest of us) want to say happy new year and we hope 2009 is a blessed one!  is she not the cutest thing you've ever seen. 

6 comments:

kristin said...

i love your new tattoo! what a cool Christmas gift idea! Did you design it yourself?

Steph Lloyd said...

working on a little blog update myself... never got around to updating over the holidays. i'm glad you guys enjoyed the holidays and, i'm with kristin, your tat is awesome!

i'm back to three day weekends, so hanging out is much more feasible. let me know when you have a monday, tuesday or wednesday free. lunch, dinner or coffee, whatever sounds good to me!

JennyLee said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW TATOO! I can't wait to see it in person! BTW I have something for you. We need to start our Thursdays back up. :)

The LaBouffs said...

LOVE the tattoo! Did you design it? I've been wanting to get another one,too...hopefully, sometime this year! Where did you go?

Joy said...

tatoo looks so cool. Happy "yay, I'm not prego for a third year in a row" Christmas :)

megan k said...

Nice tat, as the kids say... I told matt I want to go to LA Ink and have one of them give me one! :) I probably couldn't afford it though and I'm a chicken